How do I order?
Download Our -> Order Form <-
- Print out an order form and order slips which can be downloaded from the link above. (Don’t worry too much of you are unable to, just make sure you include a note or letter with all the information we will need.)
- Cut out one of the orderslips and complete it for each item you wish to order. (e.g. Loops & buttons are two items)
- Cut out a 2cm square of your fabric and staple it to the slip with the right side facing out.
- Pin the slip to the rest of the fabric.
- Now fill in the order form – write your email address very CLEARLY!
- Package up your order but BEWARE of Royal Mail’s size pricing – an envelope containing any fabric will almost certainly require more than a first class stamp! Underpaid postage delays your order by around 2 – 3 weeks plus a fine becomes payable!
- Send your order to: Harlequin, Shop Road, Little Bromley, Manningtree. CO11 2PZ.
Fabric is assumed to have zero value and we don’t keep any scraps. We can return surplus fabric at a charge of £3.40 per order.
We accept credit or debit cards, payment by BACS to 09-01-28 72369941 or cheques (to “HARLEQUIN”).
Why do we need your email address?
Upon receiving your order we will email you an invoice; that way you know we’ve got it, you can check the
details (such as your address) and you can then pay any outstanding balance as per the instructions above.
N.B. Do not write “call me for payment” on an order – you can call us or you can use email.
How long do orders normally take? (…assuming it is fully paid for!)
Ordinary button orders are despatched the next working day. Ordinary belt orders 2 – 3 working days. Other ordinary work allow two weeks. “Ordinary” means no discounts have been applied and your order is only for standard items as listed in our catalogue. Anything else, including larger orders, allow longer; remember everything we make is bespoke – we aren’t just taking it off the shelf, we actually have to make it for you! You can always ring and ask us what lead times are currently like, but be aware that between that call and your order coming in the situation may have changed.
For special products, large orders and production work please allow a minimum of four weeks from receipt of order, fabric and payment.
At the moment we are extremely busy.
Larger orders are taking 6 – 8 weeks from, so ensure you allow for that when sending in orders.
Postage & packing charge is £4.40 per order. This includes the cost of packaging and handling orders as well as the postage. Orders despatched to multiple addresses will be charged accordingly.
Delivery to address outside UK is charged at a minimum of £3.00 extra, depending on the destination.
If your order is really urgent we can often ensure that it gets prioritised over other work and completed as
soon as possible; usually the same day it arrives – but we do need to receive it before 9.00am. A charge of £10
for each separate item will be made for this service.
This service is only available for ordinary orders, i.e. where no discounts have been applied and for items as listed in our catalogue.
*** Priority Orders must be paid for in advance ***
1. Ring first to check that we have the capacity to prioritise your order.
2. Mark your envelope and order form in bold red ink “Priority Order”
3. Ensure that full payment has been made.
4. Priority Orders are sent by normal first class mail unless Special Delivery is also requested and paid for, over and above the P&P charge.
5. This service is at our discretion.
Next Day Delivery guarantees delivery by the next working day. Charges vary and are in addition to the
P&P charge of £4.40. If you request Next Day Delivery on your order we will add the charge to your invoice.
Sending us your fabric
Beware of Royal Mail’s size pricing – an envelope containing any fabric will almost always require more than a
first class stamp! Lots of our customers have been caught out like this even when they have sent the letter from a Post Office! If Royal Mail think you have underpaid they will delay the package by around 3 weeks after which we then have to pay a penalty charge to retrieve it.
If for any reason you are not happy with your goods return them with all paperwork you received with the
order. If an error is due to incomplete or incorrect instructions, or failure to follow our instructions correctly then a charge will be made.
If you do not have enough fabric in one single piece we are sometimes able to work miracles; an extra charge will be made, depending on the work involved.
An order is accepted on the strict understanding that all liabilities of the company to the customer shall be
discharged upon receipt by the customer of a satisfactory article to specification or failing this upon refund of
Confused? Drop us an email or call us